I bought a George L cable kit for my pedal board last year. They are the kinds you don't need to do any soldering to attach the plug.

Well, after a long time and many headaches, I must say I don't recommend these. If you don't get a perfectly straigh cut, the plug may not connect properly. I have wasted a lot of cable recutting over and over when I've noticed static noises.

However, the worst problem is that the plugs seem to have a diameter that is smaller than what most pedals expect. My Rocktron and Danelectro pedals don't tolerate these plugs. I get problems with the sound cutting out, a really bad tone due to improper connection inside the pedal, etc.

I have started to replace the George L cables with some 15 year old patch cables I had, because at least I don't get these connection problems and static noise problems. The drawback with these old cables is that they don't have an angle plug, so it's hard to fit many pedals close to each other.

So, what do you use? I am thinking about trying the Bill Lawrence or Planet Waves pedal board cable kit. I have seen many positive comments about those two products.