I get that way with songs, but what excites me more is when I get that way about an album since I find so few artists know how to make an actual album anymore. Still, just about every year I manage to find an album that becomes what I call "musical crack." It's just so damn enjoyable and addictive that if I want to turn it off, I can't make myself do it.

This time around it's Sleigh Bell's Treats.

It's supposed to be catchy.
It's supposed to be fun.
It's supposed to be addictive.

It's three for three.

I will say though, they are unlikely to be the kind of band that would appeal to 90% of the people here. They are a mix of live guitar, break beats/samples, and over-the-top overtly pop female vocals. Make no mistake, this is dance music, but it's also rock music that I think can be categorized with the greater "post-punk" concept (adding technology and pop elements to the punk template a la Magazine or Wire or a thousand bands that came after). Call it post-post-punk if you will.

Oh, and as far as individual songs I am hooked on at the moment, I have been obsessing over Funkadelic's "Can You Get To That?" which is a direct result of the Sleigh Bell's album as one of the songs generously samples the acoustic guitar pattern that is the basis of the Funkadelic song. When I first listened to the Sleigh Bells album I actually said out loud "Sweet! This is sampled from the Maggot Brain album," which I then immediately put back on my iPod.