I've been wanting to get my twang on for about a month now and was getting ready to just pony up the dough to buy a standard MIM tele at GC.

Was checking out the local craigslist today and found a Squier Affinity Telecaster in butterscotch. Now, usually I see "Affinity" in the title and move on - well this one was priced at $150 so I read the post to see why it was that much.

This one has been upgraded with fender noiseless pickups, CTS pots, new selector switch and input jack. I thought - wow, that's exactly the minimum that needs to be done to these Affinity's to get them sounding good and it would cost a lot more than $150 to buy a new one and do all that.

Emailed the guy and checked it out - I couldn't believe what I was playing. This is one fine guitar and not just from a sound perspective. Sure, all the upgrades in the electronics made it sound really good but the neck was equally good and fast.

I shelled out $150 right away and ran out the door to get home lol! Have you ever noticed that with some guitars you make some mistakes like missing strings and generally don't play well but with other guitars that doesn't happen? This guitar is one of the latter - for some reason, this guitar just fits me.

And that is why I say it's shocking NGD!

Here's a few pics: