Well, not simultaneously, but the intrinsic ease of modifying the controls and pickup wiring on a Tele, combined with the fact that the CV 50's comes pre-routed to accept larger pickups, has lead me to this next idea:

GFS sells a Tele pickguard that's cut & drilled to accept their Firebird-style mini-humbuckers:

So for $56--$20 for the tortoise shell p/g and $36 for their Fat Alnico V mini-bucker, I figure I can easily convert my CV 50's Tele to a second configuration and release my "inner Keef". Mockup courtesy of the Kisekae Virtual Tele design page:

The wiring is so readily accessible and the pickguard is so easy to remove, it should be very easy to switch back and forth between the stock CV 50's configuration and this one. I just need to wire the neck pickup in with some quick-connect plugs of some sort (anybody got a good link?), and install a couple of "halfway" control pots. This latter idea was a great suggestion from Bloozcat--I'll make a couple of 375K control pots by soldering a 1.5M resistor across the 1 and 2 lugs of a 500K pot. That will put the pot spans right in between the 250K commonly used for single coils and the 500K value usually employed for humbuckers.

Ordering the parts today....