Thread: Project: OLP John Petrucci Signature Model

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Project: OLP John Petrucci Signature Model

Project: OLP John Petrucci Signature Model

Well, I been wanting a strat-type double Humbucker guitar for sometime. I just didn't want to let go the money for one. Keeping with my cheapness as most on this forum do, I finally broke it down to which guitar to get and start turning it into a good feeling, sounding guitar. From the reviews I have read , it seems I am getting a Neck and a Body but not much else. This is known before purchase and is what I "think" I want. The body shape is that of a strat with contours around the horns, which to me look excellent and deeper cut on the armrest area. I have always liked the looks of the music-man guitars but knew they had a price tag to go along with them. The 25 1/2 scale should feel right at home with the strat feel..OLP was my only choice price wise. I want to get some pull/push pots for this guitar
    (Hopefully DVM or another wiring guru will help out here) and a set of Dimarzio pickups. The guitar has 1 3-way switch, a tone and a volume pot to share between the two pickups.. After reading alot about the pickups, it seems a Air Norton is a definate for the neck and I am leaning towards the ToneZone for the bridge. (comments and suggestions appreciated).. I will also be changing out the tuners if they are as crappy as most state.. although some have said they are locking tuners and people just don't know how to wind their strings thru them.. will see.. In any case.. MusiciansFriend had these as a close-out in black for $199.00 while still selling the Red ones for $349.00..Used ones on E-Bay been going $250.00 and up.. comes with a semi-hard case and some extras so the G.A.S. just got to me. Project starts when it arrives..

Umm DVM or another wiring guru.. .. if you read this... Tell me those push/pulls at guitarfetish.com will do the job for me? Umm and maybe a wiring diagram is available someplace for those pickups to just two pots that you already know of?
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 11th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.