I picked up a pro set of three Congas; 12, 11.75, and 11 inch sunbursts with basket stands.

These are real fun to play.

I'm planning to work these into a loop layer on my JamMan instead of using my regular drum set because they are easier to mic, maybe set up a cymbal stand and hand splash in some cymbal sounds.

Congas are really cool and all you need is one to start with and then build on your set for a good simple drum line.

They are also very fun and definitely build your timing when you get into your grooves.

I also noticed that playing bass helps get me into the guitar groove. After the bass practice the guitar seems small and easy to weild and ripping in some fast licks is cake. Working the big bass rythym for a while and then picking up the guitar is like going from a ship to a speedboat. Playing bass is really a speed builder for guitar for me.

Drums are a way to develop your internal clock to the point where it is intrinsic, invisible, unconscious, and really easy to see when you are getting out of time and enables you to make corrections on the fly real easy.

Music is so inter related and dynamic. Being able to play multiple instruments enables you to facilitate your growth in the other instruments because natural abilities and musicalities manifest themselves in one instrument and you try to implement them into your other instruments. At least that is the way it is working for me. Newly discovered musicalities on one instrument leads to new, fresh ideas on the other instruments. It is kind of like listening to some of you guys clips here on the net. They give me new ideas. Especially when they are not too hard and I can improvise my own grooves.

Drums really give you a chance to get your muscles involved in your music and conga drums are easy to play, big, loud, and put out a very full and pleasing sound, unlike the quick rappity tap of bongos; bongos are great too but require more skill, ironically, than bongos. It's like backing up a small trailer compared to backing up a big trailer. The big one is easier, just like the big conga drum, the bigger the better. A 12 inch conga would be enough for many muscians to enjoy and be able to do a LOT of things with.

Anyone play congas here?