Once and for all I would like to clear up what seems to be confusion over the 60th Anniversary guitars from Fender.
There were 6 models made, period, that were Anniversary Editions. They had 4 American made guitars including the Tele, Strat, Precision Bass, and Jazz Bass. These came in 3 color burst. And all had rosewood boards.
They came with a sliver commemorative case, a jeweled headstock inlay and a stamped 60th Ann. neck plate. The american ones came fully equipped with modern delta tone, and S1 switching.
There were also two Made in Mexico Anniversary models in Blizzard Pearl.
A strat with a maple board and a precision bass. These came with the Jewelled inlay and stamped neck plate as well. The Strat had Tex Mex pickups an Alder body, and came with a special commemorative 50th Anniversary logo gig bag. The bass had American series precision bass split single coil pickups, vintage style bridge and new knurled chrome Pbass knobs. It also came with a special 60th Ann. logo gig bag.
If you do not have one of these all you have is a fender guitar that was made in the 60th year.
Every one is calling their guitars 60th Anniversary models, and this leads to confusion.
I just thought I might clear that up.