I have a bit of a conundrum in the money savings area: I could have my Internet and cable TV for free, and pay a significantly discounted price for my phone, save on gas by driving a shorter distance to work, and live closer to the major shopping centers, thereby saving more gas, if I just moved to Salem. As it is, we live in a small town about 20 miles from Salem, where we like the school my fiancee's daughter attends, and we rent a three bedroom house with a finished attic that is my music room for a very reasonable price. If we moved, we'd have to move the kid to a new school, and we'd have a hard time finding a house that isn't three feet away from neighbors on both sides. The utilities are also more expensive in Salem. I really like the small town feeling of community, and it feels safe to walk the streets at night here. I live right next door to the post office, and a block from the library. There's a beer and wine bar within easy stumbling distance, and a new Indian restaurant that has excellent food. Another obstacle is that my fiancee just does not want to move. Since she's the mom, that pretty much is the law. Unfortunately for me, I guess.