I want to take some pictures of this awesome stock Peavey Generation X Vintage model telecaster, with a stock covered humbucker in the neck and a std bridge pup.

The bridge us an ashtray type with brass saddles, 3 of them, and it is done in a beautiful antique burst with awesome tight straight grain and sounds superb. They did this right. The pickups are balanced and it sounds great in all positions with some Bad Monkey and a stereo multi reverb pedal from Behringer that sounds almost as good as my Digitech Hardwire one. This tele is a bad boy. I hit my Fender SCXD with this set up yesterday and it virtually screamed the blues and rock too.

I got this guitar new for 200 US, and it has a maple board as well. I see these around here still going for great prices for a really well built guitar.

The important thing is that they did the humbucker - tele bridge pickup wiring plan the right way, so the pickups are balanced. Doing it yourself is not a easy as sticking in a full sized HB in the neck and rolling. When correctly done they change the pot to 500Kohm I believe and put a resistor on the bridge pickup to bring it down to 250 Kohm so that it sounds bright and like a tele. Schematics are available, as I'm sure some of you have seen.

Anyway, this one was done right at the factory.

I'm going to play it right now, very cool guitar with a smooth humbucker that screams when turned up and a great ice picky Albert Collins, "Iceman" type bite to it. Something you have to like, but very ice picky telecaster bite to it in the bridge position that will make your ears ring but sounds like few tele's I have played.

It's the Peavey Generation EX Vintage tele style guitar, discontinued but still available.

If you want one I think I know where a new one is at a very excellent price and they ship, no affln.

Tomorrow I will try to take some pictures. I posted some long ago with my Yamaha drums in the background, before my divorce, whch went super well last month. I moved in with my fiance about a year ago and I promise these pictures will be way better with my new Nikon digital SLR.

I will also take pictures of my blondie MIM Nashville tele and MIM std white tele I got in Nashville. Maybe even my home brew relic'd job on my Cherry Burst std Squire strat that I put Fender Custom Shop Fat 50's pickups in, awesome pickups dudes, you should try some out, way less ice picky than the Texas Specials; but the Texas Specials sound great for what they are, very penetrating, bell like strat pickups that sound great, but not like the fat fifties with their bassy low full fat tones and some chime and twang thrown in.