Hey guys my names J. I found this place through metallicafan794. Ive known that kid through a fishing forum for a few years now. Been tryin to help and encourage him on his guitar on facebook. Not the easiest way to help someone though.

As for me, I started playing guitar when I was 17 or 18. First song I ever learned was Penny Royal Tea by Nirvana and it was a accident. I was studying chords and just happened to be picking a Am and a G and I realized what I was doing and grabbed the guitar and ran over to a buddys house. I started off learning alot of Nirvana and Green Day cover's. Untill I meet this guy who took the time to show me scales and stuff. Thats when I discovered SRV, and others. Now days my favorite blues artist hands down is Albert King. For the next several years I played grunge/punk, classic rock, hard rock and blues. Then I discovered a band called Pantera, and was blown away. For the next 10 years I attempted to play metal. My biggest problem was timing I always played as fast as I could and beat the hell out of my ax. Then my buddy's band needed a new bassist. So I ran out and bought me a bass rig and started playing. Instantly my timing was 100% better, and my friends was amazed. I didnt get the gig though because the band's creater decided to give his girlfriend the job. My 2 old friends in the band felt I got the shaft but I was ok with it. I just called up a few people and started working on my own project. Untill I met my son's mother at a show. Got distracted by "love". A few years later she got bored with me and being a weekend dad put me into a mild depression. So I went out and bought a mandolin, that strum stick was and is a blast. But later I got asked to play bass again, we never got anywhere though. For the last few years Ive hardly picked up a instrument. Then my fiance and I got a place and the itch started to grow. So Im back, and with her support of wanting me to play could lead to a promising future.

So there's my musical background.

--J.