Thread: Decent kid's electric?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    The kid that I'm teaching has a Laguna. I'm not impressed with it.

The intonation is more than a bit funky.

SX is probably a good choice as you well know.
    Why not fix the intonation, then? Takes 10 minutes?
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guitar

I like that strat copy from Rondo with one humbucker.

Why not tape it off and spray paint it purple? Sand it with some very fine fine sandpaper or steel wool and just spray it with some cans of spray paint from an auto paint store. It would be high quality spray paint, maybe even urethane spray or something like that that will dry hard, designed for touching up cars. Very durable. Go slow, several thin coats. Avoid orange peel and drip.

I like hot rodded guitars but haven't painted any yet. I've relic'd one; never thought I'd do that but my son's friends scratched and dinged up my cherry burst Squier strat deluxe and I decided to use my palm sander to sand out the dents and ugly scratches. Now it has sanded off patches that look real good and I have given the bare wood patches coats of linseed oil to seal the body from moisture, wiping off all the excess oil. Looks great and I then put in a set of "Fat 50's" Fender pickups and it sounds really great. I really like the fat fifties. Next some EMG active single coil noiseless or some other strat noiseless in another strat.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art