Thread: N.A. D. Super Champ XD

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations ZMAN!

Glad you found what you wanted in a small tube combo.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scxd

Zman, I really like voices 3 and 8 for quick and easy sounds - not hyper gain voices either, but way more low gain. But I agree about the high gain voices, they are great.

I am always finding new sounds with this amp. It really has some depth of field to it.

As far as other higher power Fender amps I don't think they have a "so called" all tube amp that has a lot of amp voices and effects. They have two channel versions of the VM and a hybrid really expensive Cyber Twin SE with two preamp tubes but a solid state power amp; it's stereo 120 watts hybrid, motorized control knobs, lots of amp models, etc., over 1200 US. But nothing like the SCXD.

Glad to see you reigned in that amp. Sounds brand new or almost brand new.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're liking it, ZMAN!

One of the things I really like is the fact you can get that nice tube amph feedback at lower volumes w/ a good humbucker guitar, and really make it howl w/ a semi-hollow w/ 'buckers. And you can control the madness w/ the volume controls and your pick attack. As you said, the effects are quality, also. That was one big difference I found between the SCXD and a Vyper I tried. Maybe the Peavey was a lemon, but I really didn't care for the effects after I tried the Fender.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal