Thread: Getting creative finally

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty proggie keys there after 1:30 Mister Spud
    The song has a nice groove so far, but it needs some more guitars. Good recording, very listenable. Man I love EZI drummer. Your voice and singing style reminded me a little bit of Robin Trower...hope your're not goignt to throw eggs & tomatoes at me now.

It's always great to hear the creative output of other forumers.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, more guitar will be added. Thanks for the input guys.

Deeaa - does the insert or the send take more CPU? Thanks for the tip about grouping. I was just reading that yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Nice Spud!
    How are you liking EZ Drummer? I What were you using for synths? Very nice early 80's synth groove you've got going there.
    EZ Drummer is going to save me a lot of headache. I like being able to just get a groove for the track and then being able to go back add the appropriate fills and accents.

The keyboard is an old Ensoniq ESQ1 and the tone is Hallion, which is a Cubase plug in. I did all the keys by hand. No sequencing. And I don't even know how to play keys. Go figure.
    Last edited by Spudman; October 26th, 2010 at 09:56 AM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Yes, more guitar will be added. Thanks for the input guys.

Deeaa - does the insert or the send take more CPU? Thanks for the tip about grouping. I was just reading that yesterday.
    Yeah in that if you put a reverb in a send, you can use the same processor in many tracks, i.e. just mix in the same send on any number of tracks, it is only one instance/CPU thread then although used on many tracks. In insert each insert is it's own instance of the program...of course some stuff needs be in inserts like compressors usually, especially multibands.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.