Thread: Good customer service experiences: Because it does happen

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I have another one to share; this one is with the Kodak company.

I bought an all-in-one Kodak printer about 10 months ago. About three months ago, I started having problems when I tried to print photos. There were no problems printing anything else, but the photos turned out looking like blobs of ink...really bad. I emailed Kodak, and they sent a new print head. I installed the new head, and tried to print a photo: Same thing. At this point I'm getting a little pissed. I emailed again, and this time I got back a lengthy reply/apology and...wait for it...a request for my shipping info so that they could send me a new printer. Well, it arrived today (about five business days after I sent my info), and it's actually a bigger, better model than the one that it's replacing. I do have to ship the old printer back, but it's on Kodak's dime. That's pretty good customer service, if you ask me. I'm happy I went with Kodak for this printer, and because of this experience, I'll probably continue to buy Kodak products. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter

I bought an all-in-one Kodak printer about 10 months ago. About three months ago, I started having problems when I tried to print photos. There were no problems printing anything else, but the photos turned out looking like blobs of ink...really bad. I emailed Kodak, and they sent a new print head. I installed the new head, and tried to print a photo: Same thing. At this point I'm getting a little pissed. I emailed again, and this time I got back a lengthy reply/apology and...wait for it...a request for my shipping info so that they could send me a new printer. Well, it arrived today (about five business days after I sent my info), and it's actually a bigger, better model than the one that it's replacing. I do have to ship the old printer back, but it's on Kodak's dime. That's pretty good customer service, if you ask me. I'm happy I went with Kodak for this printer, and because of this experience, I'll probably continue to buy Kodak products. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice story, FF. Timely as well, since we're needing a new printer. You just made the choice easier. Thanks!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Frank

The blu-ray issue is probably as simple as your player needing a firmware update. If you have a network capable player you can download the firmware from inside the menu of the player....if not you will have to download it to either a cd, dvd or usb drive and install it. The issue resides when the blu-ray you are trying to play is considerably newer than the blu-ray player itself. Keep in mind Blu-Ray is still evolving technology and they are making it better for us every day.

I love my 2 Blu-Ray players.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

I was tiring of the sound of my Ibanez acoustic and wanted another brand that sounded as good as a Martin but didn't cost my future. I had heard of the Zager Guitar company a few years back and looked at the website and the positive reviews were overwhelming. Certainly this was being overblown.
    I emailed a question and got a reply in 15 minutes! Fluke right?
    Then I kept searching for other options but kept going back to Zager. I figured if they gave me 30 days to try the guitar and would even pay shipping back, what could I lose? I bought one.
    During the 3 days before it shipped I had a few questions and I sent an email on a Sunday night shortly after 9 pm. Bam, got an answer in 20 minutes. Even after the sale the customer service was excellent and of course, I'm loving my Zager guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman
    I was tiring of the sound of my Ibanez acoustic and wanted another brand that sounded as good as a Martin but didn't cost my future. I had heard of the Zager Guitar company a few years back and looked at the website and the positive reviews were overwhelming. Certainly this was being overblown.
    I emailed a question and got a reply in 15 minutes! Fluke right?
    Then I kept searching for other options but kept going back to Zager. I figured if they gave me 30 days to try the guitar and would even pay shipping back, what could I lose? I bought one.
    During the 3 days before it shipped I had a few questions and I sent an email on a Sunday night shortly after 9 pm. Bam, got an answer in 20 minutes. Even after the sale the customer service was excellent and of course, I'm loving my Zager guitar.
    Nice. I'll have to check out their site sometime.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    Frank

The blu-ray issue is probably as simple as your player needing a firmware update. If you have a network capable player you can download the firmware from inside the menu of the player....if not you will have to download it to either a cd, dvd or usb drive and install it. The issue resides when the blu-ray you are trying to play is considerably newer than the blu-ray player itself. Keep in mind Blu-Ray is still evolving technology and they are making it better for us every day.

I love my 2 Blu-Ray players.
    My Blu-Ray is actually connected (hardwired) to my router, and it always tells me when there's a new firmware update available. I've had somewhere around six or seven updates since I bought the player. The last update was a couple days ago, and I haven't had any trouble since then, but that might not mean anything. We'll see. I do keep hoping.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Very nice story, FF. Timely as well, since we're needing a new printer. You just made the choice easier. Thanks!
    Cool! Hope you get one you like!
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post

I can no longer recommend Kodak. The printer that they sent me is doing the same thing the old one was doing, and it doesn't matter which computer I print from. I replaced the print head and the cartridges, and I ran all the maintenance protocols. The problem is still there.

From what I've been reading on the Internet, this is a problem with a lot of Kodak printers, maybe all of them. I think I'm stuck with a lemon. It will still print simple documents, but photos are a bust. You would think a company like Kodak, who's name is associated with photography, would produce a printer that could actually print more than a dozen photos before going TU. Not so much, apparently.

I've once again sent them a sternly worded email, and received the stock "use our online troubleshooter" reply. If I keep pushing, they'll probably send another refurbished printer that will eventually exhibit the same problems. I imagine that I'll have to find another brand of printer and just bite the bullet.
    -Sean