I agree with Eric that the quality is with the Agiles, but budget is important too.

As far as the Agile LP's, the AL 2000 we got for Charity's grandson does not sound at all like my AL 3100. I think it is the big neck and alnico V pickups on the 3100, but may be more to it. The 3100 sounds WAY better than the 2000 that I bought. The 2000 has a maple neck set to a mahogany body. I think that is part of the tonal difference. Lately I think the neck has a lot more to do with tone than I had previously thought.

I grabbed my class A 3100 for 299 on sale, still a little more than a 2000. But if the budget calls for it you get what works and try to get the best quality, at least that's what I do. With this in mind the 2000 is a good deal for a great inexpensive guitar. The one we bought was great but brighter than my mahogany necked LP type guitars. Of course that could have been the cheap stock strings. I bought the strings and gave them to him with a bunch of effects pedals, but should have restrung it. I figured he'd break a string or two before too long so I didn't. He is 16 and has a buddy guitar player that is supposedly teaching him. I keep encouraging his mother to get him a teacher.