Hey folks,

I consider buying a new computer. Mine has almost reached the 10 year mark and I face certain limitations when I work and apply multiple plug ins. As most of you know I am constantly producing an preproducing music and I have to have a system that works so that my clients get the best result possible.

I asked some friends of mine and they split into two camps. There are the ones that say, never change a running system, buy a new pc, configure it yourself, it's way cheaper and as capable as an iMac. Bear in mind that you will have to buy a lot of stuff again (software for e.g.) and you can not apply VST plug ins. Also the keyboard and mouse are battery eating monsters...

Then there are the others that say that recording and arranging get more easier - they are convinced that musicians should onw a Mac (a positiv predjudice???). The use of the Mac is self explanatory and so my wife and kids will have an easier access. Some say that the display alone would cost as much as a new PC. All of my friends who own a Mac don't use it to record music. They just enjoy the technology and things like iphoto.

I am totally confused right now.
Could you shed some light on this matter for me. I know that we have some forumers that know both systems and that can give detailled info on recording music with both sytems.