Yes, indeed for me as well it's ten times harder to learn new stuff than it was at the time I started in my teens, I understand it's harder for him to learn now than when he was a kid...but still...is it really worth it if you're _so_ far in the process and it seems _so_ hard to get ahead with it.

I mean, IMO it'd be much harder to learn to play something in Guitar Hero or RockBand or such games with those controllers, as you have to also be able to keep time - and those should not take weeks to be able to limp along for most people? but...

Is there anything much easier than Smells---bassline out there? Just four notes, one finger suffices...if even after a week he's finding it hard to hit the string at the same time as he fingers it, or understand the rhythm concept, well, I dunno, just seems pretty impossible to continue, doesn't it?

I guess you should see him try it, I go like, OK, just hold here and smack with the right hand, dum-dum dum here. And he goes 'dumdum-dum'...and forgets what was that second note again?

It's just obvious he's got zero sense of rhythm etc...I just don't want him to waste hours and hours on something he'll basically always suck at big time...I mean, I find it amazing, I bet if I spent an hour with my 1 year old I bet even he'd understand the rhythm, dum-dum dum, and not just do it differently every time.

He's a good friend so I have no problem in saying whatever to him - I already said maybe you'd better try, like, singing or being a DJ rather, but he's taking it as a joke so far...I'm really thinking of just seriously talking to him like forget it man, just be content with listening...