Thread: New Epiphone black/gold LP Custom

Threaded View

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Epiphone black/gold LP Custom

Got a new Epiphone LP Custom in black yesterday at a local store by me. Great guitar in all of the usual parameters. Tone and playability is great. Neck is substantial and tuners work great. The stock pickups will be staying in there for quite a while I would think. This baby has heart and soul played thru my HRDX, straight up. A littleBoss OD3 and some RV-7 reverb and it sounds mesmerizing. Very toneful guitar for those that like LP type guitars.

Very similar to my Agile AL-3100 bound, fully bound LP copy. I will have to do a sound comparison. The Custom came with a nice Epi hard shell LP case.

I have played it singularly for quite a few hours and fell asleep with it last night a few times, jammin along to some great tunes and woke up once with some Jackson Browne, "Everyman" playing - I had to dig right in from a deep sleep. This guitar chimes and roars. It sits right here next to the bed with my Fender FMT HH black cherry mahogany body with set nick telecaster, also an awesome guitar. I like my Special Edition FMT HH tele better than the blacktop HH telecaster or I probably would have gotten one. The Epiphone LP Custom is really and awesome guitar. With all the Squier Classic Vibes came out and were received with outstanding acclaim, I think the Epiphones fell out of the spotlight, costing twice as much in many cases as the Squiers.

I have been wanting a black LP type guitar and am glad I went for the Epiphone LP Custom with its classical appointments.

I got a new 35mm fast lens for my Nikon digital SLR that takes great and colorful pictures. I also got a SB-600 flash unit for it. I have been taking quite a few pictures and will take some guitar pictures tomorrow. I'm sure I will get some great ones of the LP Custom as well as my black Fender Black Top strat with maple fretboard. I'll post them shortly.

I like the way this LP sounds from the treble right up to the bass, well intonated and full of great tone and sustain. Truly a pleasure to play this guitar.

I will provide more feedback along with the pictures.

Don't know what factory it was made in because Epiphone changed their numbering scheme to more of a Gibson type one. No more letter prefixes denoting the factories.

Just thought I'd get this out there and fill in some of the details later.
    Last edited by Duffy; December 5th, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art