Recently I was going through some cd's from way back. Came across alot of bands from the grunge days you'd expect seeing how I graduated high school in 96. The bigger names(Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, A.I.C, etc) never really left my daily rotation. However, I found myself listening to and really enjoying again bands like The Melvins, Meat Puppets, Mud Honey, Sonic Youth and Dinosar Jr. to name a few, as well as some punk albums like Operations Ivy, Rancid, Reel Big Fish.

So in the last few days Ive been browseing labels, the most recent shows these guys have played for the other bands on stage with them, and even wikipedia. Looking for some new groups that have that feel about them. Not so much the grunge or punk sound to say. But that energy, vibe, feel, rawness. The only band my search has turn up really in a group called New Bomb Turks, which for the most part is a very Rancid, early Green Day sounding band. So Im asking the fretmass, any suggestions or youtube videos for me to check out? Heck does your band fit this discribtion got a demo or cd for sale lmk.