Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
To say the least I am Old school when it comes to guitars and amps. I only recently bought a couple of amps that I would class as modelling amps.
So maybe someone can point me to a Pod 1A6 that I can learn how these things work. Basically I have no clue what you plug this thing into. I looks like you can use a multitude electronic components.
So lets say I have a fairly large complement of amps and pedals, I bring this home and plop it down in my music room. Now what?
Hi ZMAN,

How best to amplify these is an ongoing debate, but essentially, with the Pod HD500, there are a number of ways to hook it up. You can turn speaker simulation and even power-stage simulation off if you want, which would allow you to hook it up a number of different ways.

For the simple answer, I'd either plug this into your computer for recording, plug it into the effects return of a solid-state amp, plug it directly into a PA, plug your headphones into it, or plug it into some sort of active monitor, like studio monitors or a floor wedge.

The idea is that what is coming out of the Pod is the exact tone you want to hear, so most people don't want an amp to color that tone. -- it would be analogous to micing a tube amp and running that through another tube amp. The tone of the first amp would be muddied by the second amp, if that makes sense.

If this just confused the issue further, feel free to ignore this whole thing. I'm not sure if I'm being very clear.