Thread: I need some iTunes experts

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Because they like to be propietary, Apple has attempted to make it difficult to transfer music from your iPod to your PC.

However, it is not impossible.

Note: I am assuming you are using a PC. If you're using a Mac, it's a bit different, but same basic concept.
    How different??

Hey guys, in a bit of a bind here, and a very similar situation. Have an OLD Pod and a "new" macbook. I wish to get the music off the pod onto the book so I can do all that you do once it's on iTunes.

When I connect the pod, I can view everything in iTunes, but cannot move anything from the iPod to the laptop.

When i attempt to access the iPod as an external drive, I can view photos and other files, but the music files are not even evident.....

Thanks in advance for any help.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use YamiPOD along with iTunes, because I have several iPods.

YamiPod can move files back and forth no problem...so I'd suggest that.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Tio Kimo -

For Macs, there are several free programs that will allow you to easily pull stuff from an ipod to your Mac. This page lists a few of them with links to download...

http://mac-dvd.com/top5-free-mac-ipo...transfers.html
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to both of you for the response. I'll dig into this before the games tomorrow...I've actually got a gig tonight. 2nd time ever... first time with this group of people.... been practicing all afternoon

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you for the gig. Hope it works out well for you.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

update,
    downloaded the iMacsoft iPod to mac transfer, and it works flawlessly. Limited to 100 files at a pop, but it is so simple and clean, I'm not complaining.

Thanks again for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found a workable solution.