Hi all,

I received a used M-Audio Fast Track Pro for Christmas, but it was purchased used and has some issues, so it might end up going back to the Ebay seller. Assuming that does happen, I figured I might as well open the discussion for other interfaces as well.

What's your recommendation for a computer audio interface? I have a Behringer UCA202 that works acceptably for the absolute bare minimum, but I'd like something that would accept XLR, 1/4", etc. and have preamps and monitoring capabilities.

I run a PC and have a Firewire card I could add in if need be, though it would require removal of some other PCI card. I need a new computer. *sigh*

I was looking at the Presonus Audiobox USB or the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, and there are other options like the Firebox or Profire 610, though those are more pricey and require firewire.

What do you recommend? What works well for you? What have you heard is good? I'll be using Windows for recording, probably using Audacity at first and not sure what else if I get more into recording.