Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
I use a Thermaltake BlacX. They are USB connected and it takes just seconds to pop in or out any drive you want. With drive prices so low I went this way because I can have one drive for music, one for recording, one for photos...you get my drift. A 1TB drive is now under $100 and that makes the 500 and 600 GB drives really cheap. The BlacX was around $25.
I ended up getting the USB/eSATA version at BB along with a WD "Green" 1TB drive. I backed up my PS3 (which took an eternity) and thus far I've backed up my mp3s and pictures. It works pretty well, except for some reason I can't get it to work with the eSATA port on my computer. I'm going to take it back and get the newer USB 3.0 version since my box just happens to have those speedy little ports a-waiting for me. The backups from my computer didn't take long as it is. The USB 3.0 version should at least double the throughput. These BlacXs have a really slick design. The interface is solid and the drive sticking in the air basically makes overheating impossible.

FWIW I'm using luckyBackup on my Linux box which is basically an rsync front-end. When I get things the way I want them, I'm going to add the raw rsync commands to cron.weekly so that the backup will be updated on a weekly basis.