Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What is your weapon? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What's your weapon of choice

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stratocaster

27 30.34%
  • Telecaster

8 8.99%
  • Les Paul

18 20.22%
  • SG

4 4.49%
  • 335 style

5 5.62%
  • Pointy Shredder Guitar

4 4.49%
  • Steel String Acoustic

7 7.87%
  • Flying V

3 3.37%
  • Explorer

1 1.12%
  • Firebird

0 0%
  • Nocaster

0 0%
  • Other (must name in thread!)

12 13.48%
  • Slide Guitar (any kind set up strictly for slide will do)

0 0%
  • Nylon String Acoustic

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is your weapon?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey C64, congrats on the gig!

That's sort of how it goes with crowds, sometimes you'll sound like crap and the crowd is cheering and fully into the show and other times you're on fire and they just stand back and yawn. Once in a while it all comes together for a night that you'll never forget.

Sounds like a lot of fun though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That sounds like a normal amount of equipment...but there's many of you so it should not be a problem.

I just got a memory trip of our gigs in the past...six of us...drumset, pa with two huge peacetime tops and two subs...amp rack with poweramps, crossovers, power...four monitor wedges...two big cases for cables etc...mixer...DX rack with 6 compressor channels, two TX boxes...keyboard and stand...bass rig with 2x15"...two Marshall rigs one with 2x12 one with 4x10"...box of microphones, half a dozen stage lights, toolboxes and Michael and light stands...six guitars in all...usually took over 2 hours to set up, one to soundcheck etc ..but we could pack it up in half hour. And somehow we managed to squeeze it all in a full-size Chevy van and also travel in it...I still wonder how we did it...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    I realized on Saturday that it also limits the potential places we could gig. We had a TON of equipment. We could never open for another band, or play after another band.
    It's funny, that whole thing. The last few weeks, I've been playing with this other electric guitarist who's really awesome at this semi-regular thing I play at for my former church. It's the first time I've ever played with another 'real' electric guitarist (the others always played their electrics like acoustics), and while it opens up tons of things, it takes a lot more time for the band to get in a groove. I can only imagine what it's like with 7 people. That's the thing with more people: it gives you way more options and opportunities, but it takes a lot more time to coordinate and sync up that many moving parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    ...it takes a lot more time to coordinate and sync up that many moving parts.
    I think the term "herding cats" comes to mind!

Post Thanks / Like

No matter what I do, its all about the humbuckers for me. And I have considered harming myself every day since I had to sell my LP for food. Now I live every breath saving to buy it back, All my axes have bucker's but none compare to my beloved lost gibby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Buckers, yeah...at least bridge bucker :-) I've been toying with an idea of getting an LP again too, but I just can't find good ones and they're too pricey. If I came across a chambered and pretty one super cheap I might go for it again.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to be my Epiphone LP custom, I put some new pups in it and changed nearly all the hardware! It may not be a gibson but I loves it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    Voted "Other" I keep re igniting my love for my Maton BB1200 every time I start playing it again. I think, at least for this week, semi-hollow's are really my thing.
    same here with my strat coming in as a second fiddle as it were.go to is my semi Wildwood depending on the project at hand.I never count out any of the four guitars I have.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

My Suhr Standard....chambered mahogany body & neck, quilted AAAAA top (fireburst) s-s-h config. single coil silencing system, tremol-no, coil tapped HB, blower switch. I get can a strat quack and a LP roar. Wish I could afford about 6 vintage guitars, but this covers most sounds I want to get. I know Robert uses a Suhr classic sometimes. They are just fine to the last detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndes1 View Post
    My Suhr Standard....chambered mahogany body & neck, quilted AAAAA top (fireburst) s-s-h config. single coil silencing system, tremol-no, coil tapped HB, blower switch. I get can a strat quack and a LP roar. Wish I could afford about 6 vintage guitars, but this covers most sounds I want to get. I know Robert uses a Suhr classic sometimes. They are just fine to the last detail
    Certainly a great all around guitar that would be hard to beat. Further up the thread, Mark Wein is showing his number one that he uses for gigs.

Welcome to The Fret! Feel free to drop by the Fret Players section and introduce yourself.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of a change-up for me now that I'm playing in the jazz-fusion band.

I now mostly play my Clement fretless. It's quite a treat to play all the tunes on fretless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    A bit of a change-up for me now that I'm playing in the jazz-fusion band.

I now mostly play my Clement fretless. It's quite a treat to play all the tunes on fretless.
    Cool. When did that happen? Is that your only active band right now?
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Question

And what would such a "Clement" thingy look like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    And what would such a "Clement" thingy look like?
    Here's my guess:

Squint really hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Here's my guess:

Squint really hard.
    Ah. So, a neck-through, P/J pups, Jazz body.

I'm guessing here.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah. So, a neck-through, P/J pups, Jazz body.

I'm guessing here.

All correct except the neck-through part.

Details are an ash body with spalted maple top, Nordstrand P/J pickups, Bartolini NMBT preamp, and Hipshot hardware.

I've probably written about this bass before. It's my go-to-my-grave-with-me bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    All correct except the neck-through part.

Details are an ash body with spalted maple top, Nordstrand P/J pickups, Bartolini NMBT preamp, and Hipshot hardware.

I've probably written about this bass before. It's my go-to-my-grave-with-me bass.
    Ah, those stripes on the body fooled me.

Now, we needs to see your bass, sir!

Post Thanks / Like

I posted about it a while ago. I quit The Mediocres because I was getting too bored playing two or three note songs. I could hardly stay awake for practices. Plus, it seemed that nobody was listening to me about song selection, arrangements, gigs, and other matters.

So, I found this new band called Portrait that does sort of jazz fusion - George Benson (way cool guitar stuff), Steely Dan, Chicago (way cool bass parts), and old Santana.

They really like my bass playing and it's a very positive band atmosphere where I have a lot of input on things like song arrangements.

We'll be going into the studio next month to record a demo and I'll share that when it's done. It's all done as instrumentals with the drummer's wife doing the vocal parts with a viola.

The guitarist, Wayne, is very good. He's a treat to listen to while I zing out my bass parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, those stripes on the body fooled me.

Now, we needs to see your bass, sir!
    This thread has it:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...-desire-indeed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast