Thread: Play doctor for me

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was thinking when I saw the pics. I just found this thread today. My elderly mother got it about 6 years ago. She got it on the left quadrant of her face and scalp. Her face swelled up like she had been in the ring with Mike Tyson. It actually infected the interior of her eye and began to affect her vision. Perhaps because she is frail and her immune system is not what it used to be, but it stayed with her for a long time. In fact she still experiences shooting pains in the area that was affected. I sure hope you fare better than she did Spud

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly one of life's less pleasant experiences for me. I can still feel something going on behind my left eye but it's only been 11 days. I have a little swelling but all the spots are dry and mostly just pink skin. Nobody at the gigs last weekend even noticed, although I had a hat on.

Robert - I was training pretty hard and had some stress so that's probably why it surfaced in me too.

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    That's what I was thinking when I saw the pics. I just found this thread today. My elderly mother got it about 6 years ago. She got it on the left quadrant of her face and scalp. Her face swelled up like she had been in the ring with Mike Tyson. It actually infected the interior of her eye and began to affect her vision. Perhaps because she is frail and her immune system is not what it used to be, but it stayed with her for a long time. In fact she still experiences shooting pains in the area that was affected. I sure hope you fare better than she did Spud

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.