My SX LP Special is not a new one. It is a few years old and a set neck, all mahogany, quite nice really.

The pickups just don't seem very good and they are not noise cancelling. My other P90, a Squier VM Tele Custom II has way better P90s - duncan designed.

I am thinking of getting some decent ones to put in but need to look around. Maybe Seymour Duncan real ones.

I have bought GFS pickups a few times and some have been good, but most have left me wishing I had spent a few extra dollars and gotten what I really wanted, like the P bass Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders I wanted. Should have gotten them but put in GFS hot P bass instead and was not much impressed. I think with GFS that they make some real good pickups, but you need to know which ones are great and get them. They have a somewhat "cult" following and you need to know which ones are real good. Not all of their pickups live up to the exuberant verbosity embellishing the web page descriptions.

The mediocre, at best, stock pickups on this LP Special copy will stay in the guitar unless I find some replacements that are going to be a big improvement. I need to do some more research on this and seek some feedback from other P90 fans.

Any P90 fans out there that might be able to suggest some good replacements for those in my LP Special copy? They are the soapbar type and I would like to get some real good sounding ones. Feedback is greatly appreciated.