Alright...
After exhaustive testing, I have determined my top 3 scratch removers. All are good though I found choice number one to be the most versatile. Now, here they are:

Choice #3:

Cheap Chinese Toothpaste (CCT). Probably any toothpaste will do here however I've had my best experience with CCT. Mostly the small tubes that come with hotel room toothpaste kits (I have alot of them).

Pros: Mild abrasive that's good for smoothing light surface marks. Particularly good for softer varnishes. Cheap!

Cons: Gums up easily. Must be used with care to avoid scratching. Not for final polish

Choice #2

Meguiar's Scratch XX (2.0)
This was Spudman's recommendation and a very good one for a low abrasive polish.

Pros: Great for removing light surface scratches. A very good swirl remover and final polish.

Cons: More of a last phase surface smoother/polish. Some talk that this may (or may not) contain silicone (which could cause problems if you ever want to refinish your guitar).

Choice #1

Mesh-Smooth liquid abrasive and Micro-Mesh cloths

Pros: Cloths come in a wide variety of grits to take you from deeper scratches to final mirror finish. Uniform grit pattern (so they say, and I tend to believe them) for even sand/polish. Cloths are thin, somewhat spongy and conform well to shapes. Great for fret polishing. Mesh Smooth liquid is similar to Scratch X but I think it does a little better job on swirls. Superb mirror finish.

Cons: Cannot be found so easily as Meguiar's and is more expensive than free toothpaste.

Well there you have it. My top 3 scratch removers.

I needed a quick break from work and for some reason decided to write about toothpaste etc. Maybe I need a vacation...