Thread: How many have ever seen Arlo Guthrie in concert?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Guys , I guilty of not sticking to just genre of music and skip around a lot to what I play or listen too, Arlo Guthrie and John Prine just happen to be two artist that I can get enjoyment from and catch a few ideas in their song writing and playing. Arlo played 5 different guitars and the keyboard in his concert, his style is just so free lance and I think people too often forget to expand their ear into other genre for one reason or another they miss out on songs that could be converted into a different genre.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music View Post
    Guys , I guilty of not sticking to just genre of music and skip around a lot to what I play or listen too, Arlo Guthrie and John Prine just happen to be two artist that I can get enjoyment from and catch a few ideas in their song writing and playing.
    I think that's the way to go.

I think people too often forget to expand their ear into other genre for one reason or another they miss out on songs that could be converted into a different genre.
    Remember that Hendrix's first album included Dylan's "All along the Watchtower" - dramatically different take on what was already an Iconic FOLK song.

And Prine is amazing, and in excellent form these days. He came through town a couple months back. You'll really enjoy that.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

I saw him back in the eighties and it was really good show. Now I think he does a show with other members of the Gutherie family and from I've seen on TV looks like a great show. I dig Arlo

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got to go, street!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra