Thread: Pickups for Epiphone Dot - 399.00 model

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a set of GFS Dream 90's for my DOT - can't wait to install them and hear how they sound. And really, working on the electronics isn't that bad - I did it the first time a few weeks ago and it only took me a couple of hours. Be faster this time as I learned quite a bit the first time around. Better than payin' someone else to do it lol!
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up buying a brand new set of Lindy Fralin Humbuckings, but mine are 8.5k at the neck and 9.5k at the bridge. I took them to Joe Glaser's shop (a well known guitar tech here in Nashville) and had (Tom), install them for me. We also replaced all pots with CTS brand, switch, and a new wiring harness.... and let me tell you that this guitar ROCKKKKKS now with presence and clarity! At first, I was a little apprehensive about stepping up a bit from the normal (7.5 - 8.5k) but... I have to say that it the right thing to do. Not only that I have a FAT tone that I like, but I can now hear a little bit of compression on my high notes, when everything is wide open (E. Johnson, violin, etc...) for soloing, which is what I always shoot for. Extremely happy with the Fralin pickups. Cost of the pickups was $305.00 at "Rock Block Guitars" in Nashville, and the replaced parts/wiring/labor was about $250.00 . Also included a set up/strings, etc... Way, worth every penny.