I was lucky to find one of these cheaper Dot guitars that resonated at twice the volume than 5 others on the wall, all the same model and color. I love playing it even more than my Gibson LP Custom, but want more clarity in the lows and highs. I do enjoy the stronger pickups that it came stock with, so I'm looking for a set of pickups that are "kind of hot", but NOT blistering... to the point of constantly feeding back. Because this is a semi hollow body, does anyone have any "experience", again I say "experience", with what worked best for them, when they replaced theirs? What worked, what didn't? I know that many players buy these cheaper models and then tear into them by replacing the pu's, the switches, pots, etc... I play most hard pop rock, fusion jazz, blues and my amp is usually CRANKED. I'm also a soloist so it needs to really sing. I'm not looking for "mellow" but warm and crunchy, is good. I'm looking for the clarity of a LP pickup but maybe richer in tone, if that makes sense? I have Marshall 50 amps, but mostly use a Mesa Mk3 combo (cranked). I'm aware of the Lindy Fralin "PAF" model but they are pretty expensive. I was looking at Seymore Duncan's JB Humbuckers in which are around $75 ea. I also have had good luck with like D'Marzio pickups in the past (later 70's). So, any help in what your final choice was, and what your sound is like, could really help me. Thanks!