[IMG][/IMG]

Shiner took this pic before i slathered pickles on my sammich.

divine. Muddy, hats off to you, my friend.

i have never cooked my own scallops, and was very scared, after watching gordon ramsey chuck at peeps right and left on hell's kitchen about them.

and frankly, my weapon of choice is nearly always an old wok i have, and not an iron skillet...

i used peanut oil instead of olive oil.

the recipe is really easy and functional if you prefab all of your stations ahead of time.

i channelled my inner muddy when it came to the proportions on the bowls and the mayo/mustard/dill/lemon seasoning... go heavy on the seasoning, i did not add salt to anything. [i am anti sodium b/c i am on bp meds] the seasonings and the hot sauce will light up your nostrils.

if you use peanut oil and cast iron, go low on your heat, or you will overly brown your seafood.

we had no fresh oysters at market today, so i had to use shrimp, scallops, and catfish nuggets.

i recommend, if you are cooking for two, two large bay scallops per person, two butterflied shrimp per person, and two catfish nuggets per person, if you are using fish instead of oysters.

i used organic baby spinach instead of lettuce, b/c that's just what we use for lettuce here. and i am a hellman's girl, Muddy. the rest of the spices, just as recommended.

the sandwich is so huge i couldn't smoosh it. i ended up after about three bites just eating the guts out and leaving the bread.

the layers of flavors are wonderful.

Muddy, you are da man.