garlic
cornmeal
1-2 eggs
buttermilk
hotsauce
seasalt
dill
1 lemon
Tony C's spices,Emerill's essence, Zatarains,Cayenne red pepper ground or homegrown and dried out rista like mrmudcat
Real french bread
toms, lettuce, pickles
creole mustard,or Blueplate mayo or Hellmans no other substitutes allowed ( lemon juice dill hot sauce added)

Ok this Mudcat special is real simplified both cooking and the way its presented here. I am not as refined as Kim (childbride) Adjust recipe to your taste and spin, catfish nuggets and or mudbug tail only pieces(no not my boys tails but crawdads crayfish whateva ya call them where ya from ) alligator,frog legs for example can be added or substituted panko crumbs etc.etc.. No measuring and use a cast iron skillet.Use deepfryer if you prefer,but personally cast iron is king.

Prepare your bowls: 1st bowl flour, spices, cayenne,sea salt (1st bowl)

Second bowl:whole eggs (not just wimpy whites) hot sauce(Louisiana's ,Crystal's or Texas Pete's or your favorite brand) ,buttermilk

Third bowl: cornmeal, spices ,cayenne, sea salt

Wash seafood with cold water, pat dry, or lay on papertowl before frying, season with spices, seasalt, If shrimp/prawns are fresh or flash frozen shell on I shell ,cut heads off, and devien(essential: no poop shoot for Mud) and butterfly if time allows. I told ya I am not as refined as kim

Ready, set, go........get skillet hot cook with your favorite oil, olive oil non virgin in my case since the 80's.......tee, hee (extra virgin is more for salads and fancy food mostly Italian in Muds house.) add garlic right before seafood so garlic dosen't burn (bitter)

Dip seafood(seasoned) in flour mixture(bowl 1) then bowl 2 then bowl 3 add to pan gently and remember only turn once and don't overcrowd the pool. You can also bread then put in the freezer fridge 10-15 mins. beforehand,to help breading stay on while frying.(turning only once, gently works for me I use my numb fingers) Yea I know my picking hand

Fry 3-4 minutes each side for oysters, scallops should be white translucent 3-4 mins. each side, for shrimp a little longer 5-6 mins. or pink and translucent if the tails start to curl up if not butterflied your late to the party so hurry and remove (Do not overcook and cook to death like a lot of people do) or overcrowd ,cook in batches and add pieces quickly to keep the batches consistent dry on p.towel.

Cut the baguette in half atleast a foot long piece

Add spread creole mustard, lettuce, toms, picks or in Muds house authentic Blue Plate mudcat mayo spread.Put as much seafood on as ya can, serve with fav Beer,Sweet tea or whatever ya like to drink.Oh yea turn on the Nascar race.......JR.NATION in Muds house............100% pure Mudcat Redneck approved!!! A great substitute for Nascar if not cooking these for the race is of course some sweet Zydeco and or Blues music with lots of pretty girls who call ya sugah and lots of beer!!! In my case it is my wife,and yes she is hawt and of course I make her call me sugah,honey ,baby sometimes all of them at once and a big mason jar of sweet tea!! The boys handle the music part and the pretty girls for now!!!!!

Remember if ya don't get none on ya, you have seriously screwed up my recipe

One thing that is important to me and no offense to anyone here.Shrimp has to be fresh Gulf of Mexico (Florida,Mississippi ,Louisiana ,Texas) Bay scallops and Oysters also fresh wild caught and fresh Louisiana crawdads whenever possible.Farm raised USA catfish scallops oysters shrimp crawfish are also great best choice viable options whenever possible. I personally hate frozen,and or imported seafood. I know alot of seafood is flash frozen at sea and thats fine. Walmart China,Chile etc.,etc. imported product seafood is not me.Nothing personal or political. I am passionate about Enviromently safe and sustainable seafood practices. Please visit www.montereybayaquarium.org for more info under save the oceans header

Saving our wetlands is another passion of mine and my boys!! www.ducks.org

Peace & Luv Fo-Sho.......Mud

Thanks to some Fret friends , whom I have never met,my boys and my angel and last but definitely first GOD for giving me the strength to write this recipe.