Nice stuff as always. After having spent a good deal of time on lead type stuff these last couple months due the band project I was in, I am ready to get back into my right hand and rhythm work again. Nice to see your new blog touching on things I had started. For those of you who have not looked at Mark's lessons and book, I really recommend it as he spends time encouraging students to do the correct, foundational things in the beginning, especially with regard to right hand and rhythm for me. Great stuff.

Re: the picks, that was cool! Your selection of picks kind of tracked the route I have followed in terms of material, though I have tended to stay in the Fender Heavy equivalent weights mostly. Started with Fender heavy tort picks, then a long time with Tortex green and some purple, and have been loving the Ultex now for a while, though I use the regular shape rather than the jazz shape. I should try a pack of those jazz shaped ultex ones next time.

In closing, listening to your opening technique demos points out to me what I STILL need to work on. Loosening that grip and wrist and forearm, and hopefully getting some better velocity and consistency/fluidity in my motion. Thanks for the reminder!