Thread: Show us your amp(h)s!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    My Blackstar Ht-20 Studio and my new PRS Standard 22. Tasty tones...
    Very nice, Matt!
    How do you like your Blackstar?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Very nice, Matt!
    How do you like your Blackstar?
    I like it very much. I think I am over the honeymoon period with it now and can judge it a tad more truthfully. At low volumes, it sounds great with the PRS. The drive channel really responds well to the humbuckers and the tonal scope available on the ISF is quite large. It cleans up really nicely too. The clean channel is quite a clear deep sounding clean, but it sounds a bit 'dry'. I can't think of anyway else to describe it. Its not a bad sound- also, because it doesn't break up until obscenely high volumes, its great for taking drive pedals.

With my Strat however, it really needs to be cranked to appreciate it. The added compression and warmth from the power tubes makes both channels sounds great. At low volumes, the drive is quite shrill with the Strat although the clean still sounds really good. I've been considering a speaker upgrade for a bit more bass response.

I've come to realise that a 20 Watt valve amp really shouldn't be considered a bedroom amp and it is more suited for jams and small gigs. Oh well, just means I need another amp
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unless the speakers need additional bass for all of your guitars, you might consider changing the Strat's pickups. Bare Knuckle Pickups makes a few Strat pickups with fuller bass than most Fender pickups come with. Check out the Vintage Hot series in particular. http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/...php?cat=strats

The demos made by Robert of his new Hell Guitar No. 2 (T-style) has the Bare Knuckles "Boss" Tele pickups, which have a great sounding and rich bass range.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2