I think I've got a case of guitar ennui. I'll bet that I haven't played my guitar for a total of two hours over the past two months. On those times I do pick it up, I've forgotten how to play what I had been practicing, which of course just makes me want to put it down again. It's to the point that I have been considering just selling everything and being done with it. The only things that have been keeping me from doing it are the nagging feeling that I'm likely to regret it and the fact that I really don't want to go through the rigmarole to sell it all.

I've found myself visiting here much less than I used to. I feel like an idiot even commenting on most anything when I'm not playing. I've always been a guy who talked about guitars far better than he played them, but this is ridiculous. As much as I like my guitar, right now I have zero desire to play. The stupid thing is that summer is finally here and I have a bit of free time to play now.

I don't know if it's because all the stuff I want to play is far beyond my level of ability. I guess that's what I liked about bass. I could pick up most bass lines pretty quickly (I'm not talking about Rush or Yes stuff here, obviously) and then go on with my life with a sense of accomplishment. I dunno. Maybe this is all nonsense.

The stupid thing is that I still found myself researching EMG bass pickups at lunch. I must be an idiot.