Folks,

I recieved a gift of a vouchor for Amazon.com a couple of weeks back and ordered Creative Guitar 1 & 2 by Guthrie Govan. I was attracted to these books because Guthrie writes for a UK Guitar Mag called Guitar Techniques which I like alot. He also has several posts on youtube which show what a talent he is.

Anyway I recieved the two books complete with CD's last night and all I can say is WOW. I was completely engrossed until about 2am. I've been playing for 20years now (and probably been at the same standard for the last 10) and never before have I found a guitar instruction book so well written. He really does a great job of breaking everything down into usable chunks and the book is loaded with stories and tips from his own experience. For example, did you know that the harder you strike the strings the sharper the note you produce? So, when tuning you should always strike the strings with the same attack you use when playing, otherwise you may notice the notes being slightly sharp as you're playing.

I've yet to delve to deeply into the excercises but so far even just as a good read I'd recommed it. I'll give a full review once I've spent some more time on with it. Guthie Rocks!!

There's lots to learn here for only $15!!

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Guita...e=UTF8&s=books