I've had a couple of auditions within the past week after posting a demo and ad on craigslist. The most recent one was last night, and it was for kind of a new-wave-y indie pop/rock group. Right now it's comprised of the main singer/writer/guitarist and a bassist.

I'm not so sure I aced that one. It's kind of non-straightforward music, and what I was playing was only working on one or two of the songs. We'll see about that one. It would be an interesting project, but he says he has 4 to 5 more guitarists coming in to audition next week, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

However, I have been offered a position in the other band I auditioned for, which is an 80s indie pop/rock band from...the 80s. It's basically just the original front-lady (who writes and sings all of the music) and another singer at this point. I'm apparently the first cog in the rebuilding effort, and we will be auditioning bassists next week. The music is sort of quirky and guitar-based, and usually pretty catchy.

So that's that. Neither of these groups are my dream groups, but they are both decent experience and you have to cut your teeth somewhere. I'm looking forward to the practice next week and getting some songs worked up.

Wish me luck!