Well the big brown truck just left. I ordered a guitar on Wednesday morning at 7 a. m. and it was delivered today at 6 pm. I am in Maine on vacation and the company was Rondo Music. I had heard so much about the Agiles being so great I had to find out for myself.
I had heard that they are very heavy so I decided to try one of their lightweight chambered guitars.
I am a big fan of Chambered guitars as I have two Gibsons that are chambered.
I ordered the 3125 in Honey Sunburst finish with a flame top. It has the Tusq nut and saddles, and the ebony board. Triple binding and full trapezoid inlays. I ordered the Douglas brown case as well.
So far I tuned it up and it plays quite well. The strings sound very "accoustic like" so I don't know if it is the tusq nut or the strings themselves. They are D'addrios but what type I don't know.
I didn't bring an amp so I borrowed a Line6 and it is totaly new to me. I will have some time tomorrow to tweak it and see how it sounds. The pickup height needs adjusting as well.
As for the chambered body the guitar feels really light. About the same as my Chambered Gibsons.
The fit and finish are flawless, and I am sure that with a good set up and some tweaking it will be a very nice guitar.
It was a no brainer for me as the Canadian dollar is 1.06, and no tax. The shipping from Rondo in NH was scary fast. I had the same experience with them when I order just the Douglas case whiile I was here in April
I had expected the Agile to fit perfectly in the Douglas case but it fits just about the same as the Gibson/Epis that I have. The guitar does not fit tight. It is a good looking well made case though.
Overall I am very happy with the purchase and I can only see it getting better.
The color is very nice as well.
I will post some pictures when I get home.
This is the one.
http://www.rondomusic.com/al3125hsbf.html