Hi Everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this topic but I thought that it would interest those Fretter's who are working on recording projects.
I found this book called "Behind the Glass" which is a book containing a series of interviews with various record producers from across the world. In this book they interview tons of record producers (most of them very famous guys with a long list of credits) from both the US and UK.

Some of the more interesting interviews were Brian Wilson, George Martin, Geoff Emmerick, Alan Parsons, Phil Ramone, etc.
There are some great stories about some famous records, and how they were made. I especially liked the stories about recording Beatle albums and the way they worked to get some of those sounds.

If you're at all interested in recording or engineering, this is facinating reading. It also highlights the key roles that the producer plays in working with artists to get the most out of the recording process. They also talk quite a bit about how all of this is changing with the demise of the big studios with more artists making records in their home studios.

Here is a link to this book. I'm thinking of buying the second edition also:
http://www.amazon.com/Behind-Glass-R.../dp/0879306149

--Jim