I like this movie. The story is quite decent, and good acting overall. Perhaps not full of high energy action, but I actually prefer that to non-stop action movies. Very worthwhile seeing, in my opinion. By far the best of all the Planet of the Apes movies, me thinks.

Story:

A female ape, nicknamed ‘Bright eyes' leaves behind a baby ape, in Gen-Sys, a San Francisco-based company, which specializes in advancements in medicine and scientific research. Will Rodman (James Franco), the lead genetic engineer adopts the baby ape, calls him Caesar and gives all that possibly his own mother could have never given.

Caesar, unlike other apes is smart and intelligent, with very high I.Q. All thanks to ALZ-112, a drug manufactured to cure Alzheimer that Will administered on Bright eyes. At age five, Caesar develops intelligence much beyond normal human's capability. With this very intelligence, Caesar when exposed to ill-treatment to his own kind at an ape sanctuary, prepares other primates to take over humans in a war for supremacy.

Trailer