Thread: Too complicated?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    I don't know if it's a good thing I don't know about this stuff or not. If I did, I might not make the songs that way, but then again, I might be conforming to a standard then instead of doing what I want to do. Go figure.
    Yeah, I get that; a lot of the time creativity comes out of not analyzing and just doing what comes to you. I guess that's sort of the definition of creativity, huh?

I'll try to give it another listen and see if I can pick out some time-signature changes.

Update: I just tried to figure out what's going on in this song, and I am quite perplexed. It seems like there's random 3/4 bars just stuck here and there, and I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on. I feel like I'd have a shot if you were here showing me what's going on in the song (or at least in your head), but as it is I'm not competent enough at this side of things to really do much in the way of sorting out what's happening. Sorry, Dee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I just tried to figure out what's going on in this song, and I am quite perplexed. It seems like there's random 3/4 bars just stuck here and there, and I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on. I feel like I'd have a shot if you were here showing me what's going on in the song (or at least in your head), but as it is I'm not competent enough at this side of things to really do much in the way of sorting out what's happening. Sorry, Dee.
    He,

I missed this completely. Still interested? I can record a video how it's played quite easily if you like for instance.

Here's the 'final' live version of the song: http://deeaa.pp.fi/spookbox/2012/CD/...anceoflife.mp3

I suppose I just count it like this in my head (if I think about it, I don't really ever count anything consciously); first 3 notes to every four beats, then five to each four to even it up, really only the accents change I suppose? 2 on one chord, 4 on second, 2 on third, 4 again on fourth chord, (i.e 12 notes in 4 bars) then it's back to normal 1 and 5 notes per 4 beats for the riff.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.