View Poll Results: How should the Rev. Rawk spend his newfound cash?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hardwire DL-8 Delay Pedal

3 23.08%
  • EMG Bass Pickups (probably 35P4 and 35DC)

3 23.08%
  • ASUS VH236H Monitor

4 30.77%
  • Other (Please Specify)

3 23.08%

Thread: Gear Advice

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the M5, but I wonder how much I'd use 90% of it. I'd probably use the delay, reverb, and maybe the metal-style distortion for those br00tal moments.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I like the idea of the M5, but I wonder how much I'd use 90% of it. I'd probably use the delay, reverb, and maybe the metal-style distortion for those br00tal moments.
    I understand that sentiment, but with something like the M5, I think it's more about having the effect you want at any one time. For instance, if there was a pedal that had high-quality reverb and delay on it for $200, would you buy it? I might. I feel like that's the way for me to think about the M-whatever, not in the percentage-use way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    For instance, if there was a pedal that had high-quality reverb and delay on it for $200, would you buy it? I might. I feel like that's the way for me to think about the M-whatever, not in the percentage-use way.
    I hear ya. I was just messing around with my DD-6 and my amph. I'm beginning to see Spud's point about the delay. Any difference in mode would probably be very subtle. Obviously cool, but worth ~$150? WRT the M5: right now I have my EX-7 and CF-7 which are mostly gathering dust. It's not because they are bad pedals. I just don't use those effects very frequently.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn