Headstock - there a flaw on the top left tuning peg - it's not a chip but a dip in the wood

And here's a couple pics of the neck - is that an ebony board? I can't tell - maybe someone can chime in

Play Report
Only had a few minutes before I had to get back into the office. Everything is functional, however I noticed that neck is pretty straight and the nut appears to be well cut but the action is still high. The bridge is pretty much down to the body. It clearly needs a setup which I'll have to do tonight. Frets actually appear to be seated well and the neck appears even to the eye.

Guitar played pretty good - no complaints through my Mustang I. There is some microphonic feedback if you hit the body with your hand. I'm guessing that's the pickups. If so the pickups would be worse than Epiphone pickups.

Overall
Well considering the price I think I got an OK guitar. $390 for a guitar with a hardshell case included is cheap these days - just a bit more than a Squier CV Squier with no case! The guitar looks as good as many Epiphone LP's I've owned and I think that with the inlays and ebony (??) an Epi would be much more expensive. It'll need some work for sure but I think it's very close to being a very good player.