Thread: Trade Tang Gibsun Les Paul Supreme - order review

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

It is a fallacy that all ebony is completely black. Even really expensive pieces can have brown streaks in it. If it is real ebony, I'm sure it's the cheapest piece they could find which would make the coloring inconsistent at best.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    It is a fallacy that all ebony is completely black. Even really expensive pieces can have brown streaks in it. If it is real ebony, I'm sure it's the cheapest piece they could find which would make the coloring inconsistent at best.
    You are absolutely right, marnold... I've seen some beautiful ebony boards on Warmoth's site with chocolate brown figuring.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

So any word from the tech? I hope you can get it to play to your liking without too much trouble and cost. It certainly looks nice in the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    You are absolutely right, marnold... I've seen some beautiful ebony boards on Warmoth's site with chocolate brown figuring.
    Yes, Marnold and Kat are correct. Having bought thousands of violins with ebony fingerboards and fittings this is indeed so. It's hard to tell exactly from the picture but it seems likely to be ebony. If it was rosewood you would know it even if it was stained. The grain texture is very different.