Thread: Car dies on the highway.. engine possibly trashed??

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least I will probably choose a Toyota for my next vehicle rather than a Subaru.

Sounds like they have some problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Well, at least I will probably choose a Toyota for my next vehicle rather than a Subaru.

Sounds like they have some problems.
    It's true that they're not as trouble-free or fuel-efficient as you would expect given their following. It's weird though: once you own one, there's this weird dedication you get to them. If I knew my next car would be trouble-free, I would most definitely buy a Subaru. I'm not sure I understand why there is the cult following to them, but it's there and I can sense it even in myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Update to a confusing situation... (find cause of failure, repair/rebuild, trade/junk?)

I went to the back of the shop, and looked at my car. Timing belt cover is off, belt is there, in good shape. No visible other problem.
    A friend at another shop would like to see it to better judge, and thinks I could have a rebuilt engine in for 2500 +/-, and have that as a trade to new vehicle....

EDIT to add: I am getting mad at the fact that i don't know what took the engine down.. grrr. Like I need "closure" or something. Weird.
    Last edited by poodlesrule; August 30th, 2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: space
    Less golf, more saxophone