Funny story and then I'll get to the beef...

When hurricane Irene came through a few weeks ago, my wife and I were up at her Sister's house in Richmond, VA. Expecting to lose power, I brought my old classical guitar (the only acoustic I have) and thought I would play a little bit for everyone, and maybe my SiL's husband could jump on the piano.

Well, due to a bottle of rum, the we broke into the music about a day early and just had a totally awesome jam session. I was thinking we were making the best music in the world... until the next day. He has some kind of android smartphone and recorded us that night. Even my wife who really loves my playing was like "WTF?!?!" - it was just so bad.

In my defense, the rum was good and that classical guitar has a really wide fretboard, and my fingers kept rolling off the nylon strings (I think anyway)

ANYWAY, I was kind of interested in picking up my first real steel string acoustic so I hit the shop recently. I was looking in the 300-400 range. I played a few fenders, epiphones and yamahas. I've never been interested in acoustic before because I love the power of an electric guitar, and none of these guitars got me excited until I picked up the Yamaha FG730s. I really really liked it. I understand that it's not the bees knees of acoustics (seems like Martins and Taylors are the favorite brands) but this sounded so full and so much better than the other ones I played, I really didn't want to put it down. Do any of you guys have any opinions on this guitar? Anything else I should look at in this range. I did a search and didn't find too much on this guitar on the board.