So SVL, I know you're no fan of USC but I was pleased to see Matt Barkley decide to return for his senior year.

First and foremost, I appreciate when these guys stay the full four years and get their degrees. Whether or not they actually learned anything or faced any real academic challenges is another story, but at least they outwardly appear to be scholar-athletes when they stay for four years.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what the kid can do in a non-sanctioned USC season. USC had a great season this year though nobody talks about them because they're ineligible from bowl games. I also think he got snubbed by the Heisman voters. I still think Griffin deserved the award but Barkley should have been one of the finalists. Regardless of his school's probationary status, Barkley still had one hell of a season. Hopefully he can have another next year when it counts. Besides, it won't be until at least after next season when the Jets front office finally realize that Sanchez has already peaked so the more good QB prospects in that draft, the better.