I hope you don't mind, I cross posted this at TDPRI, jsut cuz there's a lot of people there including BillM. But I know we have a small but POWERFUL community here, and I wanted to share. I promise to try to get some sound clips, you gotta hear this to believe it. And I wouldn't dare post sound clips of my playing anywhere but here. But for tonight, pics is all you get.

My wife bought me a present today. She went down to the local store and offered $200 on used tweed, Pro Jr. They took it. It's a Made in USA Version with the blue speaker. It's been modded.

Looking at the back, it's definitely been modded. It has a spare pair of electrical sockets! My own power supply for my pedal board? Kinda cool.

I turned it on. It has no hiss,no hum, no buzz. Dead quiet. I turned the amp to 11. And proceeded to play my tele. It's slightly above a loud bedroom level. It's dirty, breaks up like crazy. Sounds really, really good just not loud. Look at the back. Only one of the power tubes is lit. V1 and V2 have some glow too. Not a great pic, but it's in the dark. See only 1 power tube is lit.

Well, at this point, I had to get a gut shot. Yep, the first power tube socket has been altered. Altered to do what, I have no freakin' clue.

And here's another gut shot. I can't easily tell what's been modified (if anything). Any ideas as to what I'm dealing with? Right now this thing seems to be a FANTASTIC bedroom amp. And I'm OK with that, since I have a Peavey Classic 30 too. I'd just like to know what's goin' down here. If you look really close you can see at R29, there's 2 resistors wired together. Like maybe a bias mod of some sort. It's the same location where BillM puts a trim pot for his mods. http://home.comcast.net/~machrone/bjr/pjmods.htm