Hey kids, it's time for Boo Fest again! My side band Pedagogy played last year, and in 2005 and 2007 my other side band, Hoyt and the Hotheads, played. FINALLY this year my main band Crash Pad is playing! This thing is the shiznit! In fact our bassist is going to be out of state, so we talked his predecessor into sitting in with us so we wouldn't miss being able to play. Bands play for free, but get in free and get free food all weekend and beer the night they play (although no one really polices which night you played, if you catch my drift). At any rate I'm not drinking any more, post-cancer, anyhow, but its a ton o' fun with its origins way back in the late '70's. Bands play Friday and Saturday nights.

The festivities start Friday afternoon and go through early Sunday morning. Crash Pad play at 6 p.m. on Friday. There's camping, portapotties, a dock on a lake, and FREE COFFEE (bring tip money though) all weekend at a tent run by a local coffee house. The event is run by the mysterious and borderline mythological Scheck Family at an "undisclosed location" out in the woods of Alachua County, Florida, along with the RPP (Reality Prevention Patrol). Here's the poster for this year's event:

Here's a shot of the property from space, with north oriented at the top, as on a map. The stage is at the eastern edge of the property near the dock on the lake:

My van is in there somewhere!

Anyhow, if anyone's in north or central FL (or anywhere else, for that matter) and wants to attend, let me know and I can privately send directions. After the weekend will post pics.