I picked this guitar up about two months ago, actually, but have been on the forum very little. this is a bucket list item for me. Really excited to have landed it

This guitar is a rare find, and one that Washburn fans die for. In the mid 90's, Washburn wanted to run with the big boys with a top quality american made acoustic series. They contracted with Dana Bourgeois, a fine builder, to make limited quantities of 4 different styles. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) the Bourgeois shop moved a little too slow for Washburns liking, and they moved production to Tacoma USA.

Bourgeios ended up making limited numbers of 4 different styles

20 Apache's - 3 piece birdseye maple/sitka standard D
150 Cherokee's - Indian rosewood/sitka standard D
50 Savannah's - Koa/sitka slope D
4 Paramounts - Engelmann/Braz Standard D with "vine of life" MOP inlay

Knowing this history, and having a long time jones for a quality Rosewood Dread (I own a quality solid wood Mahogany Larrivée, awesome, but quiet) when I got a lead on a Cherokee closet queen, I pulled a whole bunch of strings to land it. And I did. An added piece of information regarding the Cherokee. Bourgeois builds a light box, and they belly over time, which many acoustic folks will tell you is characteristic of the finest guitars. Washburn didn't like this fact however, and asked Dana to remove his own spec rosewood bridge plate and replace it with a much larger maple bridge plate. He obliged, but not after building the first handful to his own "Standard D" specs. My guitar was the 4th one made, and as such, is to his specs. the attention to detail is something I've not had the pleasure of experiencing as an owner(acoustically, my Heritage is all that of course!). This is a fine instrument.

Without further ado (keep in mind, DB guitars are not typically ornamental at all, all the bling was for Washburn, it was called the Native American Series)

sitka spruce top, ebony butterfly bridge, herringbone rosette, tortoise pickguard, rosewood fretboard

Indian rosewood b/s

MOP Inlays and rosewood TRC

Birdseye maple binding on the fretboard and body

MOP feather fretboard inlay (4 only)

Individually numbered bridgepins

gut shot

full monty, great HSC to boot.

The sound is even and projects wonderfully. Really cuts through.
This one will be in the will. Not going anywhere